Darren graduated from Durham University with First Class Honours in Law. He subsequently trained at Slaughter and May and qualified into the Commercial Real Estate Department in April 2009.
After relocating to Manchester, Darren has since worked at DAC Beachcroft and then as the Team Leader for Land and Development at Bury MBC. Prior to joining GHW Solicitors, Darren was a Senior Associate at Kennedys.
Darren is a fully qualified PRINCE 2 Practitioner and has experience of project management.
He has advised on a broad range of commercial real estate matters for a variety of clients (including government departments, property investors and developers, local authorities and sporting organisations). Highlights include:
- Acting for a London football club on real estate work relating to a stadium and a related residential scheme;
- Advising an international development company on a major town centre regeneration scheme;
- Advising the joint venture responsible for Airport City, Manchester;
- Advising a local authority on the phased development of a 17 acre business park and a large supermarket site;
- Acting for a large insurance company on the day to day management of a significant property portfolio;
- Advising overseas investors on various UK property acquisitions (including a £53m office suite in the City of London); and
- Acting for a leading luxury spa provider on a circa £50m refinance. He advises on a wide range of commercial landlord and tenant work, commercial property acquisitions and development schemes. He has also acted for both borrowers and lenders on property finance deals, through UK bank panel appointment work and also on bespoke lending transactions.
Darren can be contacted on 01706827042 or email@example.com